Lead Business Services Assistant
Foot Anstey have an exciting opportunity available for a Lead Business Services Assistant to join our team based in Taunton. You will receive a highly competitive salary & benefits package.
The Lead Business Services Assistant role is to support the Office Manager in providing an efficient, flexible and effective office support service to internal and external clients. To oversee the Business Services support team whilst the Office Manager is away from the business and ensure that issues are dealt with on a timely basis.
Key responsibilities as our Lead Business Services Assistant:
- Collecting and processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Collecting and processing Records and photocopying
- Handling cheques and monies on behalf of lawyers
- Processing of stationery orders & stock control for consumables
- Liaison with engineers, ensuring H & S Compliance
- Assisting the Reception & Events team in setting up conference facilities
- Assisting with internal office moves, to include out of hours
- Ensuring work place meets with H&S compliance procedures
- Loading and unloading cars - post, internal mail etc
- Setting up of Audio/Visual/IT & Telephony equipment
- Assisting the IT unit with minor hardware fixes
- Maintaining the office appearance and basic office maintenance
- Supporting the core business in delivering premier legal services
- Supporting the daily tasks of the Business Services Management unit
- Ability to manage a small business services team when required
Skills and Attributes needed to become our Lead Business Services Assistant:
- Must present an appropriate and professional public image and communicate in an effective and business-like manner with all levels of staff
- Must have the ability to deal with issues and resolutions whilst liaising with internal and external clients,
- Excellent organisation skills, the ability to prioritise and problem solve;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a range of people internal and external to the business;
- Must have the ability to deal with a variety of tasks; multitasking
- Ability and experience of working as part of a team
- Must be approachable, friendly and diplomatic
- Must have good working knowledge of IT & Telephony systems
- Excellent administrator, able to follow procedures and complete daily checklists.
Why Foot Anstey
Through a network of five offices, the firm operates as one national team offering specialist legal advice and services to regional, national and international clients, both businesses and individuals. Foot Anstey is among the UK's top 100 law firms, with just under 50 partners and around 450 staff.
The firm has been acknowledged by industry commentators for its growth and business excellence. Most recently Foot Anstey was shortlisted for National/Regional Firm of the Year at the Legal Business Awards, for UK Law Firm of the Year in the British Legal Awards and also ranked in the recent Financial Times Innovative Lawyers report for its ongoing work with Screwfix and B&Q Tradepoint.
At Foot Anstey our people, like our Values, are at the very heart of our business. We aim to provide you with a rewarding career and work environment and an attractive and flexible benefits scheme as part of supporting the importance of work/life balance.
What’s in it for you?
- Structured career development programme and the opportunity to develop your skills and experience
- Five weeks' annual leave
- Additional discretionary one day as an ‘office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour - a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements
- Staff conveyancing scheme
- Discounted shopping via the Foot Anstey Reward Gateway
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become the new Lead Business Services Assistant then please click “Apply” today!