Payroll Services Assistant
Are you looking to build on your payroll knowledge within a Sunday Times Top 100 employer?
This role with either suit a trainee who is looking to start a career within a payroll bureau or alternatively it may suit someone looking to build on existing payroll knowledge.
Our Payroll Services Bureau takes the process of administering pay away from employers and into the hands of professionals, providing a seamless service to a rapidly expanding client base across the South West.
This as an outstanding opportunity for Payroll Services Assistant who is looking to expand their payroll experience within a firm that will provide you with the opportunity to study professional payroll qualifications.
Working from our expanding Torquay office, you will receive comprehensive training and will play a key role in the practical day to day running of client payrolls which will involve working on a mix of weekly and monthly payrolls. You will also deal with payroll and bank credits, process tax and allowances and will assist with providing an auto enrolment service.
Working as part of a Top 35 accountancy firm, you will be joining a payroll bureau that is part of one of the UK’s fastest growing accountancy practices with 29 partners and over 300 staff working across seven different locations.
You will have:
- A good standard of education; this will include GCSE’S (or equivalent) in Maths and English with a minimum of Grade B or above in these subjects. A Levels (or equivalent) would be beneficial.
- Excellent IT Skills – highly competent with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous experience of working within a payroll environment would be highly desirable.
You will be:
- A self-motivated team player, with excellent attention to detail
- Confident and outgoing, with excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Able to work well under pressure and thrive within a fast paced working environment.
- Client focused and enjoy building long standing client relationships
- Competitive salary with annual review and access to our Benefits Choice Platform
- Study support and training CPD support
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 36.25 hours per week
- Life assurance (3 x Salary)
- Personal pension - Employer 3%, Employee min 2%
- Critical illness scheme
- Fully paid health scheme after probationary period via Simplyhealth plus Contributory Private Health Scheme.
Sorry we are unable to accept candidates who require a certificate of sponsorship for migrants.