Casual Driver - Taunton
Established over 35 years ago, we are still a family run organisation.
We have 15 branches and a fleet of over 1700 vehicles
U-Drive is the largest wholly owned independent vehicle rental company in the Southwest.
Casual Driver Job Role:
Reporting to the Rental Supervisor you will be providing a complete and efficient driving service for the hire of rental vehicles, while providing a positive experience.
Specific duties include:
- Drive, deliver and/or collection vehicles to inter-branch or directly to customer as directed
- Ensure that the drivers' log is completed, signing in and out of branches
- Clean vehicles to U-Drive standards
- Checking vehicles at the end of hire for damage, using the appropriate system
- Reporting faults, damage or general un-roadworthiness in accordance with safety regulations and Company processes
- Completing the Pre-Rental Vehicle Inspection for every hire
- Parking vehicles in allocated areas depending on the status of vehicle
- Showing customers to vehicles, marking damage, showing controls, discussing vehicle equipment, fuel type etc to ensure the understanding of the vehicle and customer parking allocations
U-Drive is a growing business and the opportunities for development and promotion are excellent. The working environment is exciting, fast paced and ever-changing with no two days being the same!
Team members must:
- Be an experienced driver
- Able to communicate with people of all levels
- Able to work well in a team
- Good attention to detail
- Honest and trustworthy
- Friendly and polite with a willingness to help others
- Have a full clean UK driving licence
- Have a positive, ‘Can do' attitude
- Be able to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Be willing to work 2 hour requests, as well as half and full day requests
- Salary of £7.50 per hour
- Free uniform
- Full training
- Access to company pension scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
If this position is of interest to you, please complete the attached application form and return it to email@example.com. Alternatively, please call Kelly Eales on 01794 510287
Thank you for showing interest in our vacancy, we look forward to hearing from you shortly.