Estate Officer - Home Move Plus
Taunton Deane/West Somerset Council
Housing & Communities
Estates Officer – Home Move Plus (HMP)
2 year Fixed Term Contract
Salary Grade F £24,174 to £27,668 per annum
37 hours per week (including some evening work)
Job Ref No: 9391/KL
Taunton Deane Borough Council is currently looking to recruit an experienced Estates Officer to join our Lettings Team within the Housing Service.
This is an exciting opportunity within a customer focused organisation, working on a project to provide practical assistance and support to Council tenants.
As an Estates Officer your job will be to help improve the quality of life in neighbourhoods. The successful applicant will be able to manage their own workload, and will also be responsible for delivering the Home Move Plus scheme, which will include:
- To be the main point of contact for all tenants who are transferring or exchanging with the aim of downsizing to more suitable accommodation;
- To help tenants market their homes effectively using Homefinder Somerset and mutual exchange websites and other facilities to advertise their homes and search for suitable moves;
- To give practical help, advice and assistance on moving, including discussing costs, arranging removals and other elements required when moving home;
- To liaise closely with staff from other social landlords to ensure the Home Move Plus scheme is working effectively.
The post holder will, as required, carry out general tenancy work.
The ideal Estates Officer will have the following skills and experience:
- Housing Estate Management;
- Homefinder Somerset
- Mutual exchange options available to tenants;
- Best practice relating to downsizing assistance;
- A proven track record of problem solving;
- Excellent Communication skills.
The post holder must have a valid driving licence.
The post is subject to a Disclosure Scotland check.
For an application pack please click the apply button - quoting the above job reference number
If you wish to apply, your completed application should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Human Resources, The Deane House, Belvedere Road, Taunton, TA1 1HE quoting the job reference number. Please apply by application form, we do not accept CVs.
Closing Date: Monday 12 June 2017 at 5pm.