Assistant & Maintenance Technician
Our client custom manufactures door seals/gaskets for commercial refrigeration.
The position of Assistant & Maintenance Technician has two main roles one of which will involve making refrigeration seals involving a process of cutting, welding rubber profile accurately to customer requirements. Assistant Engineers will be both workshop based and will also work on location with the mobile unit. This will involve identifying, measuring, making and fitting on site at locations within the South West area.
This role will involve both written and oral communication, dealing with trade and retail customers. It requires relevant skills such as IT, organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, often organising several tasks at once plus the flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances and job tasks. This role entails working both supervised and unsupervised.
They are a growing business and this position has the potential to increase in hours but to guarantee the advertised 32 hours, the role has been amalgamated to incorporate their sister company.
The second role involves maintaining portable equipment used by them, which is an events company. It would also involve loading/unloading equipment and transporting by van to the venues. The skills required would be basic level of maintenance/DIY ability.
Applicants are required to have a driving licence which enables them to drive category B & C1* vehicles in the UK. (C1* applicable if licence obtained after 1.01.97)
Key Result Areas
• To provide excellent customer service at all times
• To operate the office computer system
• To assist the Company to optimise sales and profits.
• To work with the team and other departments so that a smooth efficient working environment is achieved
• To maintain a positive attitude and working environment at all times
• To attend meetings and training as required
• To understand and comply with all Health and Safety regulations, such as fire safety, risk assessments and departmental Standards of Performance
• To ensure that all company, and statutory regulations and policies are adhered to at all times
• To carry out any other reasonable duties consistent with the above as required.
Hours - 32 per week during Monday - Friday within hours 9am-5pm.
Salary: £7.80 per hour
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.