Medical Receptionist Vacancy
Medical Receptionist Vacancy
Medical Receptionist (Full time/part time must be able to work Wed/Thurs/Fri)
£8.08 per hour, 6 weeks paid holiday, NHS pension
PLACE OF WORK
St Austell Healthcare (consisting of 4 sites)
Reception Lead/Office Manager
To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the surgery assisting the GPs in providing an excellent service to patients.
Maintain a positive and consistent ‘can do’ attitude, treating everyone with dignity and respect in line with the surgery’s ethos.
A more detailed job description is available on request.
Previous healthcare experience desirable. Good communication and IT skills, ability to work under pressure and within a large team.
There may be a requirement to move between our four sites.
HOURS OF WORK
Between 8am and 8 pm
In writing by clicking apply for details
30th June 2017
- Dealing with patient requests either face to face, or on the telephone
- Booking, canceling all types of appointments/consultations and home visits
- Directing enquiries to the appropriate people and understanding the callers expectations through effective questioning
- Chaperone during clinical consultations as requested
- To receive samples from patients according to practice procedure
- Handling difficult situations in a calm and professional manner
- Dealing appropriately with prescription requests in line with practice protocols
- Registering permanent and temporary new patients
Data & Computer Skills
- Effective use of reception computer and telephone systems
- IP Office phone system – receive, transfer, hold calls and change system settings
- Systm1 Clinical System – Cancel and edit appointments. Touch screen use; investigating patient notes; logging and linking on patient records; registering patients. Investigate prescription queries and communications.
- Effective use of NHS.net for e-mail
- Maintain accurate electronic records
- Scan documents to patient medical records
- Prioritise workload according to daily requirements, through consultation with other team members
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
- To be flexible with other members of the team when covering absence – i.e. shift swap and overtime
- Maintaining a pleasant and tidy working environment
- To be punctual
- May be required to do overtime to support with other team members leave and this will be included in the contract of employment
- To be involved in procedures for opening and closing the surgery premises
- To abide by all practice policies including
- Confidentiality and data protection
- Health & safety (incl CPR skills)
- Infection control
- Equal opportunities
- Child Protection
(You should abide by all practice policies as detailed in the policy folder)
- To complete the Blue Stream on-line training modules.
The list of duties in this job description is not exhaustive and is intended to outline the main activities of the postholder. Duties and responsibilities may be subject to change taking into account the development needs of and following full discussion with the postholder.
Operations Manager June 2017