Residential Support Worker
3 Dimensions are looking for experienced / non-experienced applicants to take up new post working guaranteed hours as a float. You will be working in our homes, supporting vulnerable young people who have challenging behaviour and social, emotional and learning difficulties.
Minimum starting hourly rate is £7.92 for applicants under 25 but can be increased depending on experience and qualifications. £40 (average) Sleep In's, if applicable.
Minimum starting hourly rate is £8.20 for applicants over 25 but can be increased depending on experience and qualifications. £40 (average) Sleep In's, if applicable.
Full Time staff
3 Dimensions have an Independent SEN School, two Residential Children's Homes and one young Adult facility which are situated between Chard, Somerset and Axminster, Devon.
3 Dimensions are committed to safeguarding all young people placed with us and therefore all applicants will be required to have fully enhanced checks and several references will be sought.
Applicants need to be physically active and willing to undertake sporting activities. Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn are essential. Induction and ongoing Training will be given to all staff both experienced and non-experienced which will include Positive behaviour management for all young people.
Care - The young people in our care are in of need stability and consistency in a safe environment, where their behaviour management program can be continued by caring staff members with whom they feel safe and secure. Our homes provide good accommodation with adequate space and facilities for communal times and time alone as needed, where each individual can personalize their room and maintain their cultural identity.
Family Environment - Every carer will be responsible for usual daily family chores, including cooking, shopping, cleaning, laundry, car checks, health and safety checks, to provide a safe environment. Good Record keeping and regular team meeting and supervision will be important to the consistency and quality of care.
Family values will be at the forefront for the young people, as they will be at the centre of all you do, and first in line for your time. Helping them to improve their behaviour, improve their personal & social skills, hygiene and ability in all areas through formal and informal education underpinned by their individual program.
Full Time Working Hours consist of 10 x 24 ½ hr shifts per month including sleep in from 11pm-7am. Salary £20,001 pa to £21,771 pa depending on experience and qualifications (NVQ/HSC dip level 3 in child care).
Alternatively 10 x 15 hour shifts per month, no sleep-in, salary pro-rata.
On successful completion of 6 month probation the company will fund training and completion of HSC dip level 3 if not already achieved.
Applicants must have a current clean driving licence and be over 21 years of age due to legal requirements. Carers must be 4 years older than the children in their care.
Please call 01460-68055 for an application form/more information or visit www.3dimensions.org.uk and download an application form and further details of our recruitment process.
Please read the Key Aspects of the Role below.
Key Aspects of the Role:
Demonstrate a commitment to meeting the Regulations and standards outlined in the Childrens Homes regulations and standards April 2015.
1. Provide direct personal care, a safe environment and support to young people in accordance with 3 Dimensions, ethos, policies & procedures and each young person's individual placement and education plans.
2. Assist in young people's personal development, promoting, enabling and developing communication skills and independence, providing stimulation through programmed activities.
3. Take part in effective maintenance of young person's records, contacts, personal and house records and financial records.
4. Remain Professional at all times, keeping personal boundaries and maintaining appropriate relationships as a good adult role model.
5. Contribute to the routine observation of young people's needs, the care assessment process and the development of care and support plans in conjunction with colleagues and other professional staff. Routinely monitor personal strategies, placement plans and risk assessments, relating to changing needs and daily outcomes.
6. Undertake and oversee routine tasks and duties with young people to support and promote health and hygiene standards, social skills and independence as outlined in their personal plans.
7. Respond effectively to immediate young people's needs, ensuring timely support and professional assistance is obtained as required.
8. Pass and receive information related to young people to the Managers and Education Staff as appropriate, on a need to know basis keeping Confidentiality.
9. Jointly responsible for own personal development, ongoing training and in developing appropriate attitudes to care delivery, in accordance with 3 Dimensions Ethos, Philosophy, Aims and Objectives.
10. Ensure that your behaviour in and outside of work does not bring the company into disrepute by your actions in the home, in the community or through social media
Apply for Residential Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly