Higher IT Apprentice / IT Apprenticeship
Job Title: Higher Apprenticeship in IT
Location: Tiverton, Devon
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm (1-hour for lunch), 35-hours per week
The company is a world-leading manufacturer of linear motion systems and automation components. They have been leading the development of V Guide technology since 1969, and continue to develop innovative linear products that offer new solutions to design engineers.
Our client is looking for an individual with a keen interest in Computer Science, to include: software and application design, implementation and development; and more general areas of I.T. Full on the job training will be provided, together with day-release at Exeter College, leading to nationally recognised qualifications.
Ideally the suitable candidate will have at least 3 A-Levels at grade C or above, or equivalent, including Level 3 Diploma in a suitable discipline.
- To work with other members of the I.T. Department to ensure the availability and smooth running of computer systems.
- To work within the guidelines of the departmental objectives, so that the department adheres to the overriding policy of customer service.
- To analyse problems identified by the I.T. Manager, Directors or other parties within the Group, as requiring an I.T. solution and make recommendations and / or implement a solution.
- Software / Application design, development, testing and deployment.
- Database development and maintenance.
- Data analysis tasks including report creation.
- To ensure consistency and quality of data and the code base.
- Process development and implementation of best practices where appropriate.
- Ensure process documentation is kept up-to-date by way of PIMS Knowledge Base Articles.
- To work with other departmental members in order to implement improvements and enhancements to the Group I.T. infrastructure.
- To provide 2nd line support to the Helpdesk facility.
- General I.T. support duties and Systems Administration, including hardware and application installation and configuration.
A degree of flexibility will be required as the department is operational between the hours of 8.30am and 5.00pm.
The company offers a competitive salary, good benefits package, free on-site parking and a generous holiday allocation.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with relevant experience or job titles of; Higher IT Apprentice, IT Apprentice, IT Service Desk Technician, Trainee IT Support Analyst, Higher IT Support Apprenticeship, IT Desk Support, 2nd Line Support, 2nd Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, Desktop Support will also be considered for this role.