Financial Controller, Willand Cullompton, Devon
It takes more than a certain something to create one of the UK's biggest and brightest food companies. It takes the four magical ingredients:
- Make things happen with agility and pace
- Seek out and thrive on challenge
- The desire to lead in the food industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit
These ingredients have seen the Company become a 23,000-strong team in just 20 years!
They are built on people like you: an exceptional Financial Controller who has what it takes to make an impact at their UK Poultry site in Willand.
UK Poultry represents more than half of the Company's business by sales. The division employs over 7,000 people working in a chilled environment to process poultry products which are then marketed to UK consumers via major retailers.
About the Role:
As a Financial Controller you will be a key member of the site Senior Management team, providing financial support to assist the site in achieving its key objectives; key elements will include providing financial analysis and insight into the operational activities of the business whilst ensuring a robust control environment and balance sheet integrity.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring financial controls are monitored and in place throughout the site
- Reporting daily P&L & KPI's to site and Head of Finance & Head of Operations
- Reporting the weekly P&L and KPI's to site and Centre, includes commentary to explain operational variances against budget/forecast & prior week
- Owning the site month end process and balance sheet, ensuring balance sheet is clean
- Supporting the site General Manager, being able to step up if required
And lots more! This really is a fantastic opportunity to make your mark at the Company and help them achieve their goals.
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you're fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that's created our brand. Bring those qualities along with the below and you will have the
Recipe for success:
- Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA with relevant PQE, preferably gained in a food manufacturing environment
- Financial experience gained as a Site Finance Manager /Financial Controller/Business Partner
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to convert data into analysis / information which enable users to understand business performance and make informed decisions.
- Excellent communication skills which will enable you to influence site Operational Teams, Site management behaviour and AV Team
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience of system improvements - able to develop new ways of working to streamline operations and remove non-value add activities
Salary: Competitive + Benefits + Prospects
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to people looking for roles in the following: Head of Finance, Finance Manager, Senior Management Accountant, Finance Controller, Cost, FMCG, Food Manufacturer, Production, Cullompton, Exeter, Tiverton, Taunton, Devon
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly