Plant Integrity Engineer /Factory Assessment Engineer -Chemical
Job Title: Plant Integrity Engineer
Salary: £35,000- £42,000 per annum
The company combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. They are driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity.
Their integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, the company had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe.
The company is looking for Plant Integrity Engineer to be based in Barry, United Kingdom.
They have a vacancy in our Plant Integrity section which is UKAS accredited to provide independent assessment of Plant assets. This includes in-service assessment, but also in design and Quality assurance of new equipment. The department is an appointed 'User inspectorate' for conformity assessment to the Pressure Equipment Regulations.
The role has many facets requiring detailed knowledge in Regulations, Design Codes, Fabrication, Quality Assurance, None destructive testing, etc. However, do not presume this to be only an office job. Integrity Engineers are required to physical carryout examinations to ensure the 'theoretical' matches the 'actual', a strategy which Dow Corning believes develops the best Engineers for making independent competent judgments on its behalf.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer or actively pursuing Chartered status.
- Work experience as a Cat 1 or 2 inspector as defined in UKAS RG2 for PSSR (consideration will be given to candidates who meet RG2 that could lead to Cat 1 or 2 appointment).
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company.
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment.
- Career experiences that can span different businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and attach your CV.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Plant Manager, Plant Supervisor, Plant Integrity Manager, Plant Assessment Manager, Plant Manager, Chemicals Manager, Plant Engineer, Plant Coordinator, Chemicals Plant Engineer, Chemical Station Engineer, Chemical Plant Manager will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Plant Integrity Engineer /Factory Assessment Engineer -Chemical
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly