Business Development Manager, Senior Account Manager, SaaS
(Business Development Manager, Senior Account Manager, SaaS, Perm, Exeter, GBP25k-GBP30k + Uncapped Commission)
About the Role
This role is will play a critical function in our organisation.
We're growing our presence in new markets, launching new products and disrupting the status quo; it will be the responsibility of the successful candidate to make every contact count, ensuring that we are effectively nurturing and converting sales.
Following a defined Sales process, you will work within the Sales Team, to effectively build, manage and close the pipeline.
This is an evolving environment, so we need someone who is not afraid to get their hands dirty and work hard. As such, we need someone who has the ability to be flexible and the scope to grow within our organisation as we grow.
That said, there is a defined role and defined day-to-day activities. Whilst not exhaustive, these will involve:
- Talking to potential clients to accurately understand their pain points and effectively taking these needs to present our solution.
- Nurturing opportunities, qualifying them and developing them to the correct product and progressing accordingly, either to close, or through to the next sales stage.
- Demonstrating our product set to potential customers.
- Creating business cases to support opportunity qualification and the overall sales process.
- Handling inbound sales enquiries.
- Outbound telemarketing lead generation.
- Researching and identifying new opportunities.
- Visiting Sales prospects to close opportunities.
For this role, above and beyond anything else, we are looking for a candidate with a solid and robust understanding of need based solution sales. Experience of selling software would be a plus, however, the understanding of the core process and demonstrable evidence of success within this remit is more important. Experience of working within a SME is also favourable, however, small team experience is also a bonus.
Here are some of the specifics we're looking for:
- At least two years' experience in an internal, office/phone-based solution based sales role.
- Internal Sales Experience
- Experience in B2B Sales.
- Experience in working directly with multiple client types to deliver a tailored, personal service.
- Experience of working in a demanding, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to create and foster relationships with a variety of personalities, internally and externally while upholding the highest degree of professionalism.
- Superior communication (writing, editing, presenting) skills.
- Experience of learning, new and complex products.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your up to date CV to and call asking for Dan.